MAY MONTHLY OVERVIEW: Updates, Recaps and Department News
EquiTrust Agent Gateway Website Redesigned – Available Soon Agents.EquiTrust.com
After many months of redesign and development, your online access to EquiTrust is better than ever! New look … improved navigation … more information! The web address is unchanged, and your current login credentials still apply.
Many website resources are still accessible without login. For access to protected information, login is required. If you already have an account established for the former website, you don’t have to re-register; sign in with your same username and password. Upon login to the new website, you will be prompted to select your preferred process for multi-factor authentication (security questions, text message security code, authentication app security code). For best response and results use Google Chrome as your web browser. The linked printable flyer provides additional information and navigation tips. Click Here.
Remote Sales Processes – Reminder
Product Sales When Face-to-Face Meetings Aren't An Option – Remote Application Disclosure Form
Selling EquiTrust annuity and life products by phone or by video messaging is enabled with the Remote Application Disclosure form. For remote-sales procedures, click here.
Life-Product Telephone Underwriting Interviews Conducted Remotely
The telephone underwriting interview may be conducted from separate locations. After the application is completed, follow these revised steps for the telephone interview, click here.
Recommended Reading: Annuity Suitability – Agent User Guide
This document will help you navigate the Financial Needs Analysis. As a reminder, and included in the Guide, is a list of circumstances in which EquiTrust will automatically decline application. Among the items prompting an automatic decline is the replacement of an annuity issued within the preceding 36 months. To view the Annuity Suitability – Agent User Guide, click here.
Reminder: Third-Party Cashier's Checks Not Accepted
EquiTrust does not accept cashier’s checks made payable to the client and endorsed over to EquiTrust. Cashier’s checks must be made payable to EquiTrust. Read More: Business Guidelines, pages 16-17.
Tips to Ensure Good-Order Applications
- When making corrections, white out cannot be used. All corrections, including requested completions, must be initialed and dated by the client.
- When making a correction, any incorrect information or selection must be clearly crossed out.
- Product Disclosure must be dated by the client.
- If the form is altered (example: date was changed), the client must initial and date.
- Corrections to E-Apps cannot be submitted through Firelight. E-App corrections must be faxed or emailed to EquiTrust. (Attempting to correct on E-App creates a new file and contract number.)
- For faxed applications, a clear copy of the client's driver license is required.
Products underwritten and issued by EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, West Des Moines, Iowa. Products distributed by EquiTrust Insurance Marketing Services; in California doing business as EQT Insurance Marketing Services.
FOR PRODUCER USE ONLY
7100 Westown Pkwy Suite 200
West Des Moines, IA 50266