New Inherited and Stretch IRA Business
Learn the Rules
Inherited/Stretch IRA Rules (ET-INHRSTRCHIRARULES), available in print through the Gateway website, Forms & Supplies tab. To view, Click here.
Inherited/Stretch IRA Brochure
Let you clients know that you can assist with their Inherited and Stretch IRA needs. Inherited/Stretch IRA brochure (ET-INHERSTRCHIRA). Also available in print.To view, Click here.
Webinar Replay – Click Here
This informative webinar will guide you through the rule changes that impact IRA beneficiaries.
Illustration Software Support Your Sales
EquiTrust illustrations now offer the ability to distinguish between Eligible (Stretch) and Ineligible (10-years) Designated Beneficiaries.Create an illustration at the Sales Tools tab; login is required.
Important Eligibility Information
Applications for new Inherited or Stretch IRA must include a completed Inherited/Stretch IRA Information form (ET-INHIRA).
- Eligible (Stretch IRA) – All deferred annuity products
- Ineligible (Inherited IRA/10-year rule) – All annuities except MarketPower Bonus Index and Confidence Income Annuity
- Learn more about EquiTrust Annuities – Click here
- If the IRA owner dies on or after 1/1/20, the new SECURE Act rules apply.
- Applicable beneficiaries now fall under two categories: Eligible and Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries.
- Stretch IRA is available only to Eligible Designated Beneficiaries.
- Inherited IRA is available to Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries - Withdrawal of funds within 10 years of death now applies to Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries.