Life Sales Completed from Remote Locations
Revised Guidelines for Conducting
Telephone Underwriting Interviews Remotely
When in-person meetings aren’t an option, selling life products by phone or by video messaging is available.
The telephone underwriting interview may now be conducted from separate locations. After the application is completed, follow these revised steps for the telephone interview:
• Begin the interview process by calling ESP at (855) 699-3045, Mon-Thurs 8:00AM-9:30PM, Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM Central.
• If your call goes to voicemail, leave a message for a quicker response.
• Provide the interviewer the insured, owner, beneficiary information and client’s phone number.
• The interviewer will then call your client and review the same health and medical pre-qualification questions found in the application.
• During the interview, an MIB and prescription drug search will be conducted by ESP.
• The interviewer will then call you and – for cases under $250,000 – will communicate to you the conditional underwriting approval/decline decision.
• Declines based only on MIB or prescription history may be referred for additional underwriting consideration. If referred, the interviewer will ask the client additional questions for underwriting consideration.
•The telephone interview must be completed before submitting the application to EquiTrust.
For remote sales of both annuities and life insurance, follow these simple steps:
• Read the Remote Application Policy on page 11 of the Business Guidelines located on the Agent Website – click here.
• Complete the sale with your client by phone or video messaging. For new clients, video messaging is required.
• Complete the product application – either paper or E-App.
• The Remote Application Disclosure form (ET-5200) is included with app packets and E-App. To view, click here.
• Life Products – Read the Underwriting Guidelines then complete the underwriting telephone interview. For Underwriting Guidelines, click here.
• Send completed documents to client for signatures – by personal delivery, mail, fax or E-App.
• Have your client return all signed documents to you – by personal delivery, mail, fax or E-App. (Faxes must include a copy of client's government-issued ID.)
• Submit the application to EquiTrust.
E-App is E-Z!
Learn more of the business advantages of E-App: Click here to watch 3-minute E-App video, or click here to view printable E-App flyer.