Please ensure your web browser is up to date. For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome.
New Inherited/Stretch IRA Business is Now Accepted!
New Inherited and Stretch IRA Business Now Accepted!
New Sales Resources! Register Now
for Webinar on Wednesday, 9/29 at
After implementation of the SECURE Act which altered the rules for Stretch IRAs, EquiTrust temporarily suspended accepting Inherited/Stretch IRA business for owner deaths occurring after 1/1/20.
Effective immediately, you may now submit new applications for Inherited/Stretch IRAs! See below for details, sales resources and guidance to support your sales.
- If the IRA owner dies on or after 1/1/20, the new SECURE Act rules apply.
- Applicable beneficiaries now fall under two categories: Eligible and Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries.
- Stretch IRA is available only to Eligible Designated Beneficiaries.
- Inherited IRA is available to Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries – withdrawal or taxation of funds by 12/31 of the 10th year following the IRA owner’s death now applies to Ineligible Designated Beneficiaries.
Learn the Rules
Before engaging in any Inherited or Stretch IRA business, be sure to read “Inherited/Stretch IRA Rules” for detailed information. This piece may be shared with your clients.
Printed supplies (ET-INHRSTRCHIRARULES) available through the Agent Gateway Website, Forms & Supplies tab.
To view, Click here.
New Inherited/Stretch IRA Brochure
Let your clients know that you can assist with their Inherited and Stretch IRA needs by providing the new Inherited/Stretch IRA brochure (ET-INHERSTRCHIRA). Printed brochures available. To view, Click here.
Illustration Software to Support Your Sales
Illustrations are an effective means to inform your valued clients. EquiTrust illustrations now offer the ability to distinguish between Eligible (Stretch) and Ineligible (10-years) Designated Beneficiaries. Create an illustration at the Sales Tools tab; login is required.
Important Eligibility Information
Applications for new Inherited or Stretch IRA must include a completed Inherited/Stretch IRA Information form (ET-INHIRA).
- Eligible (Stretch IRA) – All deferred annuity products
- Ineligible (Inherited IRA/10-year rule) – All annuities except MarketPower Bonus Index and Confidence Income Annuity
- Learn more about EquiTrust Annuities – Click here.
Inherited/Stretch IRA: A Lucrative Market Niche is Back!
Wednesday, September 29th
at 10:00 AM Central
Questions? Call Sales Support
at 866-598-3694 or visit
the Agent Website at
Products underwritten and issued by EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, West Des Moines, Iowa. Products distributed by EquiTrust Insurance Marketing Services; in California doing business as EQT Insurance Marketing Services. EquiTrust.com. For Producer Use Only.
FOR PRODUCER USE ONLY
7100 Westown Pkwy Suite 200
West Des Moines, IA 50266